You can now Upgrade your iPhone 4 3GS and iPad to iOS 4.3 [iPad 2 Not Supported] without upgrading your original baseband and unlock it via Ultrasn0w . Snowbreeze 2.3 beta 1 jailbreak utility is available for download that can be used to preserve baseband while upgrading the iOS on your device.
Do not use Snowbreeze to jailbreak your device yet . iOS 4.3 is not compatible to work with MobileSubstrate. You will need an updated MobileSubstrate to make your favorite jailbreak apps like BiteSMS , WinterBoard Themes , SBSettings to work on iOS 4.3 . If you still decide to jailbreak , the above apps will stop functioning. Read the complete list of incompatible apps .
If you want jailbreak to carrier unlock your phone on 01.59.00 using Ultrasnow 1.2 , this tutorial is for you . We are only using the “Baseband Preservation Mode” to upgrade your device to the latest firmware and not jailbreak it .
- iPhone 4 3GS
- Ipod Touch 4 3G
- Ipad 1G Only
Follow the tutorial below to upgrade your iphone preserving the original unlocked firmware :
- Download 4.3 ipsw file
- Download Snowbreeze 2.3 and launch the program on your windows pc under Administrator Mode [right-click on the application icon and select Run As Administrator]
- Select Baseband Preservation Mode as and select the downloaded ipsw file in Step 1
- Allow Snowbreeze 2.3 to custom build your firmware .
- After the build is complete start iTunes 10.2.1 . Now press and hold Shift Key and click on Restore on the iTunes window [as shown in the image below] and restore your iphone to the custom-built firmware . When asked , select the 4.3 ipsw file created by Snowbreeze .
- Your device will now reboot for the changes to take place . Use Ultrasnow 1.2 to unlock your phone on old preserved baseband .
For more updates , Get our Posts via Email . Subscribe . Follow us on Facebook .