Updating to baseband 06.15.00 is little tricky. What we are doing in this process is using Pwnage Tool to create custom firmware [ .ipsw files ] using the current firmware of iPad . This iPad firmware along with the firmware of your respective device [ on ios 4.2 or 4.1 ] make a 3rd firmware that is customized to both jailbreak and update your iphone to 06.15.00 baseband , which is still vulnerable to UltraSn0w 1.2 Unlock . Just follow the tutorial below to upgrade your firmware and unlock it on Iphone 3GS and 3G .
Steps to Update Baseband 06.15.00 on your Iphone 3G 3GS :
- Download Pwnage Tool version 4.1.3 [ .torrent file]
- Download iOS 4.2.1 and iOS 4.1 .ipsw files . Now Download iPad 3.2.2 firmware .ipsw file for the baseband here .
- Launch Pwnage Tool and browse to the iOS 4.2.1 or iOS 4.1 downloaded in Step 2 [under Expert mode].
- Proceed to 06.15.00 Baseband upgrade by clicking on the confirmation button . [Read the warning message and make sure you want to do it]
- In the next step point Pwnage Tool to the iPad 3.2.2 Firmware . This will use the vulnerability on 06.15.00 baseband to your iphone firmware and make ut unlockable.
- Pwnage Tool will create the custom .ipsw file with your confirmation to proceed.
- In the next step you have to go to DFU mode by pressing and holding Home and Power button for 10 secs. Then release the Power button and keep holding the Home button for 10 more secs [ How-to go DFU mode ]
- Next steps are same as earlier Pwnage Tool Tutorials . Follow Steps 13 – 15 in this Tutorial
After restoring to custom .ipsw firmware , you will have to restart your iphone for the changes to take place . You can now check your upgraded baseband from Settings – General – About . Now you can unlock your device using the UltraSn0w Unlock Tutorial .
To get more tips and updates , Follow us on Facebook or Subscribe to our Emailing list .