Unexpected release of LimeRa1n has just surprised everyone with a welcome smile . Geohot decided to release the new bootrom Jailbreak exploit only a few hours before the Chronic Dev Team’s GreenPois0n. Thousands of users have already jailbroken their device with fewer bumps , that is due to older iTunes on their computer and the new jailbreak made for Windows OS only. Read more LimeRa1n Bugs here.
Now comes Carrier Unlock. Those who upgraded to iOS version 4.1 using the Upgrade Tutorial and saved their original baseband [01.59.00] were able to carrier unlock their device using repo ultraSn0w.
Steps to Unlock Iphone 4 4.1 on 01.59.00 :
- Upgrade to new iOS 4.1 using the Upgrade Tutorial
- Download and install Latest version of iTunes on your computer
- Jailbreak Iphone 4 using LimeRa1n Jailbreak Tutorial
- Now look for Cydia in your iPhone 4
- Choose Manage Tab in Cydia
- Choose the Sources option
- Then add the source
- After sources are added successfully , search UltraSn0w in Cydia
- Install and run UltraSn0w to Unlock Iphone 4 4.1
- Restart your device for the changes to take place
You can now use any carrier of your choice . For those having the latest baseband 05.14/02.10 , they have to wait for iOS 4.2 release since the GreenPoison release has been delayed for good . For more tips and updates Subscribe to Jailbreak News or Join us on Facebook .