Unlock for iPhone 4 iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 , 5.0.1 , 5.1 running modem baseband 04.11.08 , 04.12.01 and older is now possible using SAM or Subscriber Artificial Module . This is a jailbreak utility that can unlock any iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S which is carrier locked . Simply jailbreak your iPhone and install it from Cydia . Follow the jailbreak and unlock tutorial below with possible problems and their solutions .
Important : Save the SAM Unlock Tickets
Steps to Unlock iPhone 4S iPhone 4 04.11.08 – 04.12.01 :
- Jailbreak your iPhone 4 , iPhone 4S using available jailbreak tools on the existing firmware
- Launch Cydia and add the following repository repo.bingner.com
- After the repo package is downloaded, search for SAM in the apps list of Bingner repository added under Manage > Sources .
- Tap in install and let SAM download on your phone .
- After sam is installed , launch the SAMPrefs app created in homescreen (as shown in the image below) and go to the Utilities tab . Update : You can now use the Sam 2.0 Unlock for quicker unlocking skipping all the steps below . Follow the SAM 2.0 Unlock here .
- Tap on “De-Activate” iPhone option .
- Get back to SAM and go to “More Information” . The “Activation State” must be Unactivated
- Go back to SAM . tap on Method tab and select country and carrier . The carrier must be your original carrier to which the phone is locked . For some carriers operating with more than one Carrier ID you may need to select SIM ID.
- Go back to SAM and under “More Information” copy the IMSI under SAM Details to the clipboard and then tap “Spoof Real SIM to SAM“.
- Go back to the SAM and tap “Spoof Real SIM to SAM” and then paste the IMSI number in your clipboard.
- After completing all the step above , connect your phone with iTunes and let it reactivate your phone .
- Double click “Phone Number” parameter on iTunes and make sure that the ICCID matches that of your SIM card else start over from Step 5
- After the activation is over disconnect from iTunes and launch SAMPrefs and disable using the toggle switch .
- Launch iTunes again and connect your iPhone to the computer . Itunes should through a message that “your phone cannot be activated” . Just close iTunes and launch it again .
- You will now see Signal Bars appear for your SIM Card .
- If the Push Notifications have stopped working after installing SAM just use the “Clear Push” utility in SAM followed by connecting to iTunes.
See the video below for more details
Other Methods to Unlock 04.11.08 – 04.12.01 :