Redsnow jailbreak for 5.1.1 untethered is now available . Redsn0w 0.9.12b1 jailbreak is supported on the following devices . Make sure you have already upgrade your device on 5.1.1 firmware before jailbreak . You can upgrade using iTunes or via OTA – Over The Air update available on a wireless internet connection . Do a complete backup on iTunes before jailbreaking or unlocking your device .
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 GSM / CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad 1st generation
- iPod Touch 4
- iPod Touch 3G
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4 5.1.1 UnTethered using Redsn0w :
- First download Redsnow 0.9.12b1
- Extract and launch Redsnow application on your computer in Administration Mode . For that right click and click Run As an Administrator on Windows computer
- Connect your iOS device to the computer and allow Redsnow to detect the build
- After the device i detected , click on the Jailbreak button and then select Cydia . UltraSn0w unlockers skip to Step 9
- Redsnow will begin the jailbreak process and you will see codes running on your iPhone screen
- After the jailbreak is complete , your phone will reboot . You will now see Cydia icon on your homscreen.
- Tap on Cydia to launch it for the first time . Choose User option. Cydia will now create filesystem and the phone will boot one more time
- You can now start downloading jailbreak apps from Cydia for Free . Internet connection is required to download .
- For iPhone UltraSn0w Unlock Users : If you want to create a custom firmware (for iPhone 4 only) , click on Extras > Custom IPSW . Select iOS 5.1.1 ipsw firmware file and let Redsn0w make the custom firmware . After that put your iPhone 4 in Pwned DFU mode by selecting Pwned DFU from Redsn0w > Extras option . Restore your iPhone 4 to this custom firmware using iTunes SHIFT + Restore. Use Ultrasn0w 1.2.7 to unlock your device on the supported baseband.