If you have an A5 or higher device and you have upgraded to iOS 6.1.3, there is no longer a jailbreak option for you, at least not until the next one comes out. If, however, you have an earlier device, you can jailbreak iOS 6.1.3, although it is a tethered application. Redsn0w is the tool to use and here’s how to do it:
This jailbreak is compatible with the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4. Redsn0w will work on Windows or Mac operating systems.
- First, your iOS device must be operating on 6.1.3. If it isn’t, update it.
- You will need to Download the iOS 6 IPSW
- Download the latest version of Redsn0w
- Launch Redsn0w from your desktop, click on Extras > Select IPSW
- Point to the iOS 6 IPSW you just downloaded
- Back to the main redsn0w screen, click on Jailbreak and follow all of the on-screen instructions carefully
- You will be asked if you want to install Cydia, say yes to this
- Now Redsn0w will ask you to place your device into DFU mode – full instructions will be given on-screen.
- Redsn0w will now carry out a tethered jailbreak on your device. This will only take a few minutes.
Rebooting your device :
This is, as already mentioned, a tethered jailbreak so, if you ever need to reboot your device for some reason, you will need to connect it to your computer, and launch redsn0w. Choose, Extras > Just Boot and your device will be rebooted into a jailbroken state.