Snapchat is one of the most well-used of all the video and photo messaging apps. It allows you to send short video or photo messages to other users, messages that can only be viewed for a short time before they disappear. While the app is already feature-rich, there is a way to add even more to it and bring new and better functionality. By downloading an app called Extensify [ download tutorial ], you can make use of a tweak called Phantom to modify Snapchat without the need to jailbreak.
Image : Phantom for Snapchat
Phantom Features :
Phantom will work on all versions of iOS 7 to iOS 10. Some of the top features of Phantom for Snapchat include :
- Save Snaps to read in the future instead of just a few brief seconds when it arrives
- Disable Hold to keep the Snap open
- Keep Snaps in your own Feed so that you can read them and mark them read when you want to
- Enable or disable Phantom as and when you want to
- Choose multiple contacts simultaneously
Photos and videos can be saved to multiple places, including :
- Camera roll
- A specific photo album
- A folder that is protected by password and backed up by iTunes
Other features :
- Send videos and photos straight from your camera roll
- A feature that enables you to crop images
- A Shake feature that lets you override the orientation
- The ability to change the color, size and text font on the captions
- Change the background color
- Set up a specific notification sound and notifications on the Status bar
- All configurations are made through a preferences pane in your Settings app
How to Download Phantom for Snapchat :
- Download the Snapchat [ext link] app from iTunes if you haven’t already got it
- Download Extensify Helper [ext link] following the instructions in our step by step tutorial to using it to install Extensify app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open Extensify on your iPhone or iPad
- Search for the Phantom [ext link] tweak using the in-built Search feature
- When you find Phantom, tap the Get button beside it
- This will send Phantom to be built. Because Extensify does not provide system-deep tweaks, what it does instead is builds a modified version of each app that you want to modify
- When the build is finished you can install it to your iOS device and it will be given a label of Phantom + on your home screen. [ the + sign identifies tweaks as Extensify builds ]
If you want proper modifications that go much deeper you will need to use PPHelper to jailbreak your iOS device. Extensify provides basic tweaks for stock and third party iOS apps, nothing more, although it is a good alternative to jailbreaking for those who just want a few additional features.
Let us know what you think of Phantom for Snapchat. If you follow us on Facebook, you will be sent the latest news and developments straight to your news feed.