Apple has released OSX Mountain Lion for all Mac users . OSX Mountain Lion supports popular jailbreak tools like Redsn0w that can be used to jailbreak and install Cydia on your iOS device running iOS version 5.1.1 . Follow the tutorial below to jailbreak iPhone 4 .
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 5.1.1 on OSX Mountain Lion :
- First download Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 from the official iPhone Dev Team website (Link) . Unzip the file and run the application on Mountain OSX Lion.
- In order to run Redsn0w for the first time on OS X Mountain Lion jailbreak users have to bypass the new security feature by Ctrl + Click on the icon and then selecting Open from the new menu.
- Now connect your iPhone 4 and other iOS device that is supported by iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak with your Mac . Redsn0w will show the connected device (image below).
- Proceed with the jailbreak by pressing the Jailbreak button on Redsn0w .
- Follow onscreen instructions to put your iOS device in DFU mode . Redsnow will now run some codes on your phone as shown here . Allow Redsn0w to complete the process and install Cydia
- Your phone will now reboot . You can now see Cydia icon on your Home screen . Tap on it to launch Cydia for the first time. Choose User and allow Cydia to create its filesystem on iPhone memory (image below).
- You can now download all Cydia apps and add new repositories for free jailbreak apps . A list of jailbreak apps can be found here .
To get the latest iOS updates , Subscribe to our Free Newsletter Link below . You can also Like and Share this Blog Post on Facebook .