Follow the steps below to jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 usimng Snowbreeze on Windows OS . This is a tethered jailbreak which requires you to use iBooty to restart your iPhone every time you turn it off .
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 – Sn0wbreeze :
- Download iOS 5.0.1 ipsw
- Download Snowbreeze 2.8.b11
- Launch Snowbreeze and select your iOS 5.0.1 ipsw file downloaded in Step 1
- Snowbreeze will now detect and verify your device for which the ipsw file has been downloaded .
- Gevey Sim and Ultrasn0w users must preserve baseband and need to select Expert Mode here . Ultrasnow and Gevey Sim users choose Baseband Preservation Mode here .
- In the next screen select Build IPSW ane click on the blue arrow
- Snowbreeze will now process the firmware file for jailbreaking and create a custom ipsw file .
- Now connect your device to the USB cable and put it in Pwned DFU mode by following the instructions on-screen
- Launch iTunes and it will show that your device is in recovery stage and needs to be restored .
- Press SHIFT key on keyboard and Restore button on iTunes as shown here . The restore process will now begin and take place on your device .
- At this stage iBooty must be created on your desktop . Launch it and select your device in the right hand drop down menu . Click on Start to begin the boot tethered process .
- Now you have to out your device again on DFU mode . For this press and hold Power + Home button for 10 secs , release Power button and keep holding Home button for another 10 secs . Your device is now in DFU mode . iBooty will now begin its work .
- After your device restart and shows Cydia , search and install Semi-Tether Jailbreak app for emergency booting of your phone when you are not near the pc .
Also Read :
- Redsnow Jailbreak on iOS 5.0.1 – Baseband Preservation Mode
- Ultrasn0w Unlock on iOS 5.0.1 – iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS Supported
To get the latest updates about iPhone 4 Jailbreak , Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter .