Its been more than a week since the iOS 4.1 public release , but no news from the iPhone Dev Team or CHronic Dev Team about an ETA for Green Pois0n Jailbreak . Here is a Jailbreak for iPhone 3G on older bootrom using Pwnage Tool Bundle [MAC Only version]. The jailbreak method given below is meant for advanced users only .
** Please Note :
You must have jailbroken iPhone 3G with Pwnagetool or Redsn0w . This method will not work on Userland Jailbreak [i.e. JailbreakMe & Spirit].
Things to have before Jailbreaking :
- Download Pwnage Tool 4.0.1 For MAC here.
- Now Pwnage Tool Bundle for firmware 4.1 [ link ]
- Download the latest version of iTunes ver 10
- iOS 4.1 Beta version [ link ]
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 :
- First download and copy all the tools in a folder on your desktop
- Copy the Pwnage Tool Bundle into PwnageTool.app by right clicking on PwnageTool.app and then select “Show Package Contents”
- Now browse to contents – resources – firmware bundles
- Copy the custom PwnageTool bundle to this location
- Now load PwnageTool.app and create your custom iOS 4.1 firmware
- Once the custom .ipsw file has been created , restore the custom firmware on your iPhone 3G using iTunes 10
- To restore your device , put it in Recovery Mode and then restore.
If you don’t know how to store to older firmware , you can read the Restore iOS Tutorial . For more updates and tutorials , Subscribe to our Email Updates.