After months of hard graft by team evad3rs they have finally released the iOS untethered jailbreak, evasi0n. The following tutorial will tell you how to jailbreak your iPad Mini:
You will need:
- PC on Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8, Mac OS X 10.5 or Linux x86
- Your iPad Mini on iOS 6.0 or higher
- Device to computer connection cable
- This tutorial
Follow this as it is written:
- It’s a good idea to back up your device before you go ahead and jailbreak it, to save all of your data in case of problems. Only do this over iCloud or using iTunes – OTA will more than likely cause problems with the jailbreak. Make sure that any back up passwords in iTunes are disabled before yo go ahead and back up the device – its easy enough to enable them again later on.
- Download TinyUmbrella and save your SHSH blobs if you haven’t done it already.
- Download Evasi0n jailbreak for Mac, Linux or Windows depending on which system you are using
- Download iOS 6.1, on to your iPad Mini using iTunes . Dont use OTA update method .
- Go to settings, general and ensure that you do not have a passcode lock switched on.
- Close iTunes and Xcode, they wont be needed during the jailbreak.
- Launch evasi0n jailbreak on your computer . Windows users launch in Administrator Mode
- Connect your iPad Mini using the USB cable and check that the jailbreak tool recognizes it.
- Click on Jailbreak and let the jailbreak run its course.
- Dont be tempted to go touching buttons, either on your pc or your iPad Mini – the jailbreak will take a while.
- You will see a message asking you to unlock your screen and tap on the “Jailbreak” icon on your home screen. Tap it, the screen will go blank for a few seconds and then your homescreen will come back.
- That’s it for your input – evasi0n will do the rest; your device will reboot a couple of times and then you should see the Cydia icon on your home screen.
- If things go horribly wrong, don’t worry – it is perfectly safe to reboot your device and run the jailbreak again.
How to Run Cydia on iOS 6.1
Open up Cydia, confirm whether you are a user, hacker or developer and then let Cydia run through repository set up. This will take a couple of minutes depending on how loaded the server is. Cydia is expected to be a little slow for a while due to the high demand that will be placed on it.
If you are using an iPad full size, iPod Touch, iPhone 5/4/4S please see our other tutorials.