Follow the steps below to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4 and other iOS 5 supported devices except iPhone 4S and iPad 2 .
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 iPhone 4 – Redsnow :
- First install iOS 5.0.1 ipsw on your iPhone 4 [ipsw download link] . Gevey Sim and Ultrasnow users skip to Step 8 , and don’t upgrade from iTunes directly .
- Download Redsnow 0.9.9b9b [Windows – Mac] File Size 14 MB .
- Launch Redsnow and go to Extra > Specify Firmware and point to iOS 5.0.1 firmware downloaded in Step 1
- Redsnow will ask you to out your device in DFU mode . Do as the onscreen instructions says by holding power and home button for 10 secs, then leave power button and keep holding home button for another 10 secs .
- After the jailbreak is complete on your device it will reboot . You will now see a white Cydia icon . This is normal as it is a tethered boot .
- Now again go to Extras > Just Boot to boot your device . This step needs to be repeated every time you turn off your device .
- Launch Cydia and install Semi- Tether for emergency booting of your iPhone without your computer .
- Ultrasnow and Gevey Sim users must preserve their baseband . For this click on Extras > Custom IPSW and select the iOS 5.0.1 firmward downloaded in Step 1.
- Now enter Pwned DFU mode using the Extras option on Redsnow and use iTunes to restore to the custom iOS 5.0.1 ipsw firmware file . Once done follow Step 2-7 above .
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 using Snowbreeze – Baseband Preservation Method on Windows .
- Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1
Share this Tip with a friend on Facebook . Give us a Google +1 .