Update : Sn0wBreeze 2.0.2 was released with the fix for error 17 – 40
Good news for iPhone 3GS , 3G , iPod Touch 3G & 2G users . There is a new Sn0wBreeze Jailbreak released few hours ago [version 2.0.1] , which can easily jailbreak your iDevice running on new bootrom. With Sn0wBreeze 2.0.1 you can create custom firmware for your iPhone , like you did with Pwnage Tool on Mac . Follow the simple method below to jailbreak your iPhone on your Windows machine.
Things to have before jailbreaking your phone :
- SnowBreeze version 2.0.1 [SnowBreeze Download link]
- Download iOS version 4.1
- iTunes 10
- Windows OS
- iPhone 3GS New Bootrom[must be previously jailbroken on bootrom 3.1.2]
- iPhone 3GS Old BootRom [ Must be already jailbroken. If you are jailbroken using userland jailbreak ( Spirit , JailbreakMe) install Spirit2Pwn from http://repo.woowiz.net ]
Steps to jailbreak Iphone 3GS – 3G on Sn0wBreeze
- Start SnowBreeze on your Windows PC running Windows 7 – Vista on Administrator mode and connect your iPhone
- Now in the next screen select Expert Mode
- Select Browse and choose the iOS 4.1 firmware we downloaded above
- Open the .ipsw file and your device will be automatically detected for jailbreaking
- Select the Blue arrow button on your right bottom to proceed
- In the next screen , Select General and continue
- Here you will come across the screen belowIf you are on a Factory Unlocked phone , Dont choose to Activate your iPhone 3GS , rest at your discretion
- In the next Screen Select Cydia
- Proceed with the selections [this is the simple part – so I am not elaborating ]
- Click on BUILD IPSW and wait for the process to be completed
- After the new firmware is created . Put your iPhone 3GS on DFU mode . [Read How-to DFU tutorial here ]
- Open iTunes 10 and press Shift key on your keyboard while you click on the Restore button in iTunes
- Choose the firmware named “Sn0wbreeze_iPhone_XXX” and confirm your restore.
If you liked this post , please share this article with your friends on Facebook or share it on Twitter .