Pwnage Tool Bundles have been released to jailbreak iPhone 4 3GS on iOS 4.2.1 firmware . Pwnage tool gives untethered jailbreak preserving unlockable baseband 01.59.00 on your iPhone . The latest release of Pwnage tool will build custom IPSW files to jailbreak your phone and install Cydia while booting it untethered.
Note : Pwnage Tool Jailbreak works exclusively on Mac systems . If you have a Windows PC , try Greenpoison_RC5 or Redsn0w .
Steps to Install Pwnage Tool Jailbreak – iOS 4.2.1 Un-Tethered Jailbreak :
- Download Pwnage Tool Bundle for iPhone 4 3GS here and unzip it.
- Download Pwnage Tool 4.1.3 for Mac OS .
- Download iOS 4.2.1 .ipsw file
- Download and install iTunes 10.1.2 on your Mac and sync before proceeding.
- Now right-click on the Pwnage Tool icon and select “Show Package Contents”
- Navigate to PwnageTool.app/Content/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ and copy the .bundle files extracted from the downloads on Step 1.
- In the next step goto PwnageTool.app/Content/Resources/CustomPackages/CydiaInstaller.bundle/ and paste info.plist file
- Start Pwnage Tool and select Expert mode as shown in the image below
- Now browse to the .ipsw files downloaded in Step 3
- In the next screen select the option “General” as shown in the image below
- In the next screen under General Settings unselect “Activate the phone”
- Now under custom packages settings screen select “Cydia Installer”
- Click next and select Build
- Pwnage Tool will now create the custom ipsw file which can be used to restore your device and jailbreak it .
- Follow steps 10 – 15 in this previous Pwnage Tool tutorial and restore your device accordingly .
- Sync your phone to get back all the apps and settings .
For any help and assistance in jailbreaking using Pwnage Tool , Leave your comments below or Ask a Question in the Forum . Follow us on Facebook for more details .