The first beta of iOS 8.4.1 had been seeded by Apple on 14th July and finally, Apple has released the public version of iOS 8.4.1 (build number: 12H321) today for iPod Touch, iPad, and iPhone.
Image : iOS 8.4.1 Download Links
iOS 8.4.1 is an update to iOS 8.4, which brought the new Apple Music first to iOS. This new iOS 8.4.1 release is more likely an update to improve the performance and fix the bugs. However, it is still not confirmed whether iOS 8.4.1 will patch the PP and TaiG Jailbreak or not. However, rumors say that the exploits have already been patched. So we suggest all the jailbreakers to avoid updating to iOS 8.4.1 until there is a clear word on it.
Devices Compatible with iOS 8.4.1 :
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad 2, iPad (third-generation), iPad (fourth-generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display
- iPod touch 5G, iPod touch 6G.
Official Changelog for iOS 8.4.1 :
Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library.
- Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only.
- Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from.
- Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices.
- Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect.
- Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beats 1.
How to Download and Install iOS 8.4.1 :
If you do not care about jailbreaking and like to have a stock iOS experience, then you can update to iOS 8.4.1 right away.
1. OTA Update:
In your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
2. Automatic Update Through iTunes :
- Plug in your iOS device to your PC | Mac and launch iTunes.
- Now browse to the Device Summary page and take a backup of your data.
- Finally, click the UPDATE button and iTunes will automatically update your device to iOS 8.4.1.
3. Manual Update Through iTunes :
- First, download the iOS 8.4.1 IPSW file for your specific device from the list given below.
- Now plug-in your iOS device to your computer.
- Open iTunes and go to the Device Summary page.
- Take a complete backup of your data before proceeding ahead.
- Now press and hold the SHIFT key if on Windows or the OPTION key if on Mac and simultaneously click the UPDATE button in iTunes.
- Now point to the IPSW file which you downloaded the first step and click on it. Now iTunes will update your device to iOS 8.4.1.
Direct download links for iOS 8.4.1 :
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 4s
- iPod touch (5th-generation)
- iPod touch (6th-generation)
Accidentally upgraded ?
Also read how to downgrade back to iOS 8.4 from iOS 8.4.1 and make it jailbreakable using PP and Taig Jailbreak tools . Stay tuned to the news by subscribing to our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook .