Those of you who have a jailbroken iPad and use it for tasks such as blogging or typing documents may already b making use of the handy dock accessory port add a keyboard. However, useful as this may be it s still a bit frustrating to have to use the touch screen to manoeuvre around the screen. Well, your life is about to get a little bit easier. A new jailbreak tweak has been released, allowing you to connect a bluetooth mouse or track pad to your device. The download is called BTC Mouse and Trackpad and is available in the Cydia store for $4.98.
Here is a simple guide on installing and using your new tweak :
- Launch Cydia on your jailbroken iPad
- Search for BTC Mouse and Trackpad
- Purchase and download the license from Cydia store and install.
- Once installed, tap on Restart Springboard.
- Go into Settings, General, Bluetooth and make sure your Bluetooth is enabled.
- You should now see BTC on the screen – go to Mouse and Trackpad and tap to enable it.
- It will now start searching for your devices so make sure your Bluetooth mouse is switched on and you should see the name of it appear on the screen.
- Tap to pair it up with your iPad and make sure the status changes to “Connected”.
See Also : Logitech Keyboard for iPad – No Jailbreak Required
You can configure it to suit your requirements by going into the settings app. The mouse buttons are set, by default to: Right click emulates the Home button, Left emulates screen taps and the centre button or wheel, if you have one, is set to pinch or zoom. One other handy feature is Presentation Mode which can be enabled for each separate app and enables mouse clicks to translate to screen swipes. And that’s it, BTC Mouse and Trackpad is now installed on your iPad and ready for use.
BTC Mouse in Action : YouTube Video