Iphone 3GS users who have upgraded to iOS version 4.2 using the method for Upgrading to iOS 4.2 retaining original Baseband tutorial we posted few days back can now Jailbreak their device with Pwnage Tool.
Below are the steps to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS with Old Bootrom with Pwnage Tool :
- Install the latest version of iTunes
- Download Pwnage Tool from this link
- Now run Pwnage Tool and choose your iPhone
- Pwnage tool will now auto select the recommended firmware for your device
- Select No when asked the following “Do you have an iPhone contract that would activate normally through iTunes?”
- Now the custom .ipsw file will be created for your iPhone which can now be jailbroken.
- A success screen will appear confirming your custom firmware is created .
All you have to do is restore your phone to this new firmware . For restoring , you can follow any of the restore tutorials in the blog using iTunes. Just follow the restore part [not the SHSH blobs portion].
For more tutorials , join our JailbreakMe Alerts .