Snowbreeze 2.9.5 jailbreak app for iPhone 4 5.1.1 Jailbreak is now available for download . You can create custom ipsw files using Snowbreeze and get untethered jailbreak on iPhone 4S and other iOS 5.1.1 devices . Snowbreeze has the 5.1.1 build 9B206 untether that was released with Absinthe 2.0.2 update. iOS 5.0 build 9B206f for Apple TV 2G support. Some minor user interface changes and bug fixes . Follow the instructions below to create custom 5.1.1 ipsw and jailbreak untethered . iPad 2 jailbreak not supported on 5.1.1 . Use Absinthe 2.0.4 for jailbreaking iPad 2 .
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4 using Snowbreeze 2.9.5 :
- First download Snowbreeze 2.9.5 for your Windows computer – link
- Launch Snowbreeze and click the blue arrow on bottom right corner of the Snowbreeze app
- Now click on “Browse for an IPSW” option and select you original 5.1.1 IPSW firmware file for your device
- Again, click on the blue arrow to proceed to next step
- Click on “Simple Mode” and allow Sn0wbreeze do the rest of the custom ipsw creation process . UltraSn0w and Gevey Sim users read this article for preserving baseband (link).
- After the process is over Sn0wbreeze will place the 5.1.1 custom IPSW file on your desktop
- Follow onscreen instructions on Snowbreeze to put your iPhone in pwned DFU mode .
- Now Open iTunes on your computer
- iTunes should detect your device in Recovery mode .
- Press and hold SHIFT key on your PC keyboard and click on Restore button on iTunes
- Now select the custom IPSW created in Step 6 .
- iTunes will now restore your Phone to a jailbroken 5.1.1 firmware with Cydia on the homescreen .
- If you get and iTunes restore error , use Redsnow to put the device in Pwned DFU mode or use Absinthe jailbreak method .
About Snowbreeze Jailbreak :
Snowbreeze a long time favorite of iPhone jailbreakers is a windows only tool . Created by iPhone app developer iH8sn0w , Snowbreeze uses the original .ipsw firmware file to create a custom ipsw file with the jailbreak data . This ipsw file can be installed on an iOS device using iTunes (Step 7 to Step 12 above) . With Snowbreeze you can upgrade as well as install the firmware . Snowbreeze also comes with different features like preserving iPhone baseband , creating custom boot logos and installing Cydia packages right while creating the custom firmware . Install the firmware and get all the features you want . The custom firmware can be re-used on the same or multiple devices (having same build) .
Other 5.1.1 Jailbreak Tools :