You can now download the updated version of Redsnow to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 . Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 will jailbreak your iPhone 4S , iPhone 4 and other A4 powered devices . Follow the tutorial below to jailbreak your device using Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 .
Redsnow 0.9.12b2 Features :
New Redsnow 0.9.b12 will now explicitly ask users with limera1n jailbreakable devices whether they want to inject Rocky Racoon using the DFU ramdisk method or the backup/restore method . Redsnow also fixes an iBooks issue an old bootrom iPhone 3GS and provides more useful error messages when jailbreak process goes wrong . In addition to 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak you get the ability to restore SAM unlock tickets .
Supported iOS Devices :
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad 1st generation
- iPod Touch 4
- iPod Touch 3G
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4 using Redsnow :
- First download Redsnow 0.9.12b2
- Launch Redsnow in Administrator mode
- Connect your iOS device to the computer, let Redsnow detect it.
- Once Detected, click on Jailbreak Button.
- RedSn0w will take care of rest of the Jailbreak process, it will process three major steps of jailbreaking which includes Preparing > Processing > Finishing . You will see the following screen on your phone
- Your phone will now reboot with the Cydia icon in homescreen . Tap on it to launch it for the first time . Choose User option to proceed . Cydia will now create filesystem and the phone will boot one more time
- You will see the screen as shown below . It takes sometime depending on your devices internal memory . On a 16 GB iPhone it takes 3-4 minutes to process this step .
- You can now start downloading jailbreak apps from Cydia for Free . Internet connection is required to download the apps directly from developers site . With your devices jailbroken you can now install Siri on Non-iPhone 4S devices which includes iPod Touch 4 and older generation iPhones .
To get more tips and tricks , Subscribe for free to our newsletter . You can also follow us on Facebook and Google +