Apple has released iOS 6 Gold Master version for iPhone 4S , iPhone 4 , iPod Touch 4 and iPad . The latest iOS 6 build is 10A403 while the last developer build (beta 4) released on August 6 was build 10A5376e . You can read all iOS 6 features here . Unlike any general iOS release , GM version is not available on OTA or Over The Air update . You have to download the .ipsw version and install it using iTunes . Read complete download and installation procedure explained below .
How to Download iOS 6 on your phone :
- First you have to create a Developers Account for $99 per year . Link
- Login to Dev Centre and select your device . Select the device and download the suitable .ipsw file . The size for iPhone 4S is 957MB while the iPad 3 version is 1.15GB
- Launch iTunes and select the ipsw file by pressing Shift+Update on your windows keyboard or Alt+Update on your Mac.
- Browse to the iOS 6 GM ipsw file and select it. iTunes will do the rest .
New Additions to iOS 6 GM :
- WiFi+Cellular Removed from Settings
- A few new wallpaper added since beta 4
- Panorama mode added to the iPhone 4S in camera app
- Many cities now supported in 3D on maps application
- Option added to “About” to limit ad tracking
- You can now have the first page of the springboard completely empty (All iOS Devices)
- New wallpapers
Also Read :