If you have recently upgraded to iOS 5 and not liking it , here is the tutorial to downgrade from iOS 5 to iOS 4.3.5 or older firmware . This tutorial works only if you have saved the SHSH blobs for your previous firmware to which you want to downgrade .
Note : Downgrade only works for firmware and modem baseband is not downgraded in the process .
Steps to Downgrade iOS 5 to iOS 4.3.5 – iOS 4.3.3 and older :
- Download iOS 4.3.5 ipsw – iOS 4.3.4 ipsw – iOS 4.3.3 ipsw
- Turn Off your iPhone 4 and connect it to your computer using the USB cable
- Put your device in dfu mode following the instructions shown below
- Now navigate to the following location on your computer c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc and find the file named “hosts” . Mac users should go to Folder and type /etc/
- Open “hosts” file in notepad/text editor in Administrator mode and edit the last line of the file and add 22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com as shown in the image below .
- Launch iTunes 10.5 and selevct your device from the left sidebar and RESTORE it by pressing SHIFT Key on Windows / Alt key on Mac and pressing RESTORE button .
- Navigate to the iOS firmware downloaded in the Step 1 and allow iTunes install the firmware .
- iTunes may throw error 1013. Ignore this error and proceed with the restore process .
- Download TinyUmbrelly and select “Exit Recovery” to get out of recovery mode .
- Remove the lines edited in the “hosts” file in Step 5 .
Please Share this Tip with your Friends on Facebook and Google +1 .