If you have accidentally upgrade to iOS 4.3.1 , you can turn back to older firmware by following the downgrade tutorial [4.3.1 to 4.2.1 and below] , provided that you have saved your SHSH Blobs via TinyUmbrella . [Read : How to Save SHSH Blobs] . Follow the steps mentioned below to downgrade your firmware . Please note that baseband cannot be downgraded once it has been updated to the latest version . Downgrade is only possible for firmware with access to older SHSH Files saved via TinyUmbrella on your computer. Download the latest version of TinyUmbrella with 4.3.1 support .
Steps to Downgrade 4.3.1 – 4.2.1 :
- Download the .ipsw files for your older firmware 4.2.1 4.1
- Put your device in DFU Mode . [Quick Tip : How to put your device in DFU Mode]
- Download TinyUmbrella or Recboot . Required to get your device out of Recovery Mode in the last process [Step 8 below].
- Start Notepad in Administrator mode
- Next step is to make iTunes believe its connected to Apple servers but instead you will connect with Saurik’s server . To do that edit certain files on your PC using Notepad running in Administrator Mode as shown above. Windows Users navigate to : C: /Windows /System32/drivers/etc/ and locate “hosts” file as shown in the image below .
- Edit the text file and add the following address at the bottom 188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com [image below] . This is the address of saurik’s server .
- Mac users can find the hosts file in “/etc/” directory . Follow the same process as above .
- Now start TinyUmnrella and click on Start TSS Server [as shown in the image below]
- Now launch iTunes and press Shift Key on Windows OS or Alt key on Mac OSX and click on Restore button on iTunes Window . Browse to your downloade ipsw file in Step 1 and proceed .
- If you get error 1004 or 1015 ding the restoration process , just ignore . Kick your device out of recovery mode by clicking on “Exit Recovery” button on TinyUmbrella .
- If you get error 1600 or 3194 , use iReb to put your device in DFU Mode .
- Remove 184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com from hosts file and replace with previous values . This is to prompt iTunes for future upgrades .
Recovery Fix on iOS 4.2.1 and 4.3 will allow you to exit recovery mode . Download Recovery Fix for Windows – Mac . May thow an error zlib1.dll not found or missing . Download it from here and extract the file to your windows\system directory. If the above two tools don’t work use Greenpoison RC6 to jailbreak and get your device out of recovery mode .
For more jailbreak tips and tutorials , Subscribe to our email updates and Follow us on Facebook .