Iphone Dev Team has released a fix for Iphone Activation without Original Sim Card . Those who hactivated their phone instead of activating with original sim card faced battery drain issues after UltraSn0w 1.2 unlock on iOS 4.2.1 released few days back. This was caused due to the baseband being upgraded to 06.15.00 on iphone 3GS and 3G phones .
You can read the reasons for this battery drainage and Tips to improve battery life on iphone here [ Battery Drainage Problem Discovered ] . Iphone App developer Sbingner has made some excellent progress in developing a new hactivation method that will work for all Ultrasn0w unlocked phones. His recent progress , “Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)” will do the trick for you.
SAM or Subscriber Identification Module works for PwnageTool – Redsn0w hacktivated iPhone 4 3GS 3G phones and will re-activate it officially fixing EDGE and 3G issues over push notification problem causing battery drainage issue.
Steps to Install Subscriber Artificial Module :
- Jailbreak Iphone 4 3GS 3G using any of the RedSn0w Jailbreak tool Beta 6 . [ Download Links Below]. Follow the RedSn0w Jailbreak Tutorial for iOS 4.2.1 posted earlier .
- After Jailbreaking your phone add the following repo in Cydia as shown in the image below
- Now Search and Install “SAM” and “SAMPrefs” from Cydia
- Restart your device for the changes to take place.
- Launch RedSn0w Beta 6 downloaded above and clock on “deactivate” option on the screen .
- On your phone goto Settings – SAM – De-activate Iphone
- Now activate your phone with iTunes.
Please Note : If iTunes says Invalid SIM, you will have to manually Select the appropriate carrier under one of the methods besides “Automatic” and click on a SIMID .
Download RedSn0w 09.6B.6 from our Download Centre . To get more tips and updates , Follow us on Facebook or Subscribe to our daily updates via Email.