Acidsnow (Ac1dsn0w) jailbreak is the latest iPhone 4 jailbreak on firmware iOS 5.0.1 from PwnDevTeam . New Ac1dSn0w Jailbreak also supports jailbreak on iPhone 3GS , iPod Touch 4 and iPad 1st generation . No jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is available yet . Currently supported to run only on Mac Operating System , Acidsnow can jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 in tethered mode . There is not much of a difference in the jailbreak method from Sn0wbreeze and Redsn0w, two well-known jailbreak tools but it provides with an alternative option .
Acidsnow Jailbreak Tool Features :
- Tethered Boot
- Pwned DFU
- Exit Recovery
Currently features like remote jailbreaking , custom firmware creation , iRecovery Remote are in the process of developement and will be added soon.
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Acidsnow :
- Download AcidSnow for Mac ** . Download Size 35 MB .
- Launch the application and you will see the following window
- To see device related information select “Show Console”
- Turn off your device and connect it with your Mac
- Select “Show Assistant” option and follow on-screen instructions to enter DFU mode .
- After you enter DFU mode click on Jailbreak button and wait for the device to complete the process and reboot .
- Now you have to put your phone in DFU mode again and boot tethered .
- Download and Install Semi-Tether Jailbreak app from Cydia to boot device without your Mac .
Your device is now jailbroken with Cydia installed . Start downloading your favorite jailbreak apps on the iPhone .
** Update :
We have been informed that AcidSn0w used some copyrighted code in their jailbreak tool . Hosting and linking to the jailbreak file is illegal and hence the direct download links were removed until fixed by PwnDev Team .
To get more updates about AcidSn0w , Subscribe to our Free Newsletter .