Apple has released iOS 5.1.1 firmware for all iOS devices . You can download and install iOS 5.1.1 using the methods explained below . Jailbreakers and unlockers should read carefully before updating to 5.1.1 iOS firmware .
iOS 5.1.1 Features :
- Improves HDR functionality for camera
- 2G to 3G network shifting problem fixed
- AirPlay Video playback problem fix
- Safari Bugs fixed
- Appstore purchase problems fixed
Method 1 : via iTunes
- Connect your iPhone , iPod Touch or iPad with your computer and launch iTunes.
- Allow iTunes to detect and display your device on the left sidebar
- Now on iTunes you will have to go to Help > Check for Updates .
Method 2 : using OTA Update – WiFi required
If you are on an iOS 5.x.x firmware you can directly update your iOS device without having to connect to a computer. Just use your WiFi with internet connection and go to Settings > General > Software Update (image on top). The file size for this update for iOS 5.1.1 is approximately 47 MB for iPhone 4 . May vary for iPod Touch and iPad models .
Method 3 : using IPSW Firmware Files
For this method you have to use iTunes and press SHIFT (on keyboard )+ Update (on iTunes) to select the .ipsw file . Allow iTunes to verify and install the new firmware .
Direct Download Links :
- iPad 1
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 GSM (ATT)
- iPad 2 CDMA (Verizon)
- iPad 2,4 (New iPad 2)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi
- iPad 3 GSM
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPod touch 3rd gen
- iPod touch 4th gen
How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 :
To jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 you can use Redsnow 0.9.10b8b . The complete jailbreak tutorial is given here . This is a tethered jailbreak so you have to connect with the USB cable and use Redsnow Extras > Just Boot option every time you reboot the phone .