4.3.1 Jailbreak on Windows is now possible with the latest release of Snowbreeze 2.4 Jailbreak Tool . Follow the Jailbreak tutorial to bring -tethered only jailbreak on your iOS 4.3.1 compatible iDevice [iPhone 4 3GS iPod Touch 3g 4 iPad] .
If you have preserved your unlocked baseband , you can use Ultrasn0w 1.2 to carrier unlock your iPhone 4 . Please follow our upcoming iPhone 4 Unlock tutorial for details .
How to Jailbreak 4.3.1 iPhone 4 – Snowbreeze 2.4 on Windows :
- Download iOS 4.3.1 .ipsw files
- Download Snowbreeze 2.4 [Windows OS 32bit|64 bit supported]
- Launch Snowbreeze and select your downloaded .ipsw file .
- Allow Snowbreeze to verify your ipsw file . After verification select your mode of jailbreaking . We select Expert Mode . Proceed to next step by clicking on the blue arrow at the bottom.
- Click on build ipsw to start building your custom 4.3.1 ipsw file required for jailbreaking . This process will take some time depending your the ipsw file size and your computers configuration.
- After the process is completed you will see the following DONE message flashed on your screen . Follow the onscreen instructions to enter DFU mode . This fairly easy process .
- After your device has successfully entered DFU mode you should see iReb running in the background . This is to prevent any 1600 errors during the restoration process using iTunes . Leave the program running and goto next step .
- Launch iTunes 10.2.1 . Select your device in the left sidebar . Now press “Shift” on your keyboard and click on Restore as shown in the image below .
- Your device is now jailbroken into a custom iOS 4.3.1 firmware . The device with boot for the changes to take place .
Boot Tethered :
To turn on your device in tethered mode , you need to launch iBooty created during the firmware build process . Launch iBooty and select your iOS device from the drop down menu . Click on the START button and follow on screen instructions to enter DFU mode . After entering DFU mode iBooty will then start your device .
Please let us know how the steps mentioned in the tutorial above go for you . Please Share this artcle with fellow iPhone users and Subscribe to our posts via email . Follow us on Facebook .