CES 2013 proved to have its usual eclectic mix of electronic gadgetry that may or may not make it to the shelves in the near future. Chinese electronics giant, ZTE, made an appearance and unveiled their newest addition – The Grand S Android Smartphone. It does have some pretty impressive specs :
- 5” Full HD 1080p display
- 1.7GHz Quad core QUALCOMM Snapdragon processor
- 16GB internal memory
- 2GB RAM
- 13 megapixel rear camera with anti-shake, panorama, and face recognition, Flash and 2M FF 1080 video
- 4G LTE providing up to 100mbps download and 50mbps upload in areas where mobile broadband is covered
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
This is their 2013 flagship model and is also their very first full HD smart phone. And, it can boast being the world’s thinnest 5” FHD quad-core smart phone, measuring it at just 6.9mm.
The phone will be launching in the first quarter of this year but only in China. There is no pricing available and it’s not clear whether it will set foot outside of China.