The moment we have all been waiting for has finally arrived. Yalu is a brand-new jailbreak utility, released by Luca Todesco. This came as a bit of a surprise to some because we don’t tend to associate this particular developer with public jailbreaks. However, he had already warned us that jailbreaking was getting harder to do and that this is likely to be the last utility for some time. Before you dive in and download it, cast your eyes over the following caveats to Yalu Jailbreak.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
Before you Jailbreak :
- Yalu is semi-untethered, like the previous jailbreak, PPHelper.
- It is also a beta version of the jailbreak and, as a result, when you download it you run the risk of your device becoming buggy and unstable. Luca Todesco has already sad that we should wait until it is stabilized before we use it but, obviously, the choice is yours
- You need to use Cydia Impactor to side-load Yalu jailbreak onto your device; it cannot be downloaded in the usual way. You will need a valid apple ID for this
How to Downloads and Install Yalu Jailbreak :
- On your PC or Mac, download Yalu Jailbreak .ipa file and Cydia Impactor [ ext links ]
- Plug your device into your pc or mac and take a backup of your data [ this is an important step because, if anything goes wrong during the jailbreak you will lose everything ]
- Keep your iOS device connected to your computer and launch Cydia Impactor
- Find the Yalu .ipa file and then drag and drop it into Cydia Impactor
- Wait to make sure your device is recognized and then, when asked to, type in your Apple ID
- Now Cydia Impactor will sign the certificate and will side load Yalu onto your iPhone or iPad
- When it has finished, you can unplug your device and then open Settings > General > Device Management
- Find the side loaded app , it could be called Yalu or mach_portal and tap the Trust button
- Now come out of settings and you will see the mach_portal icon , tap on it
- Wait for the jailbreak process to complete , your device should respring and you will see Cydia on your home screen
- The jailbreak is now ready for you to use
Things To Note :
- Because this is a semi untethered jailbreak, you must repeat Step 9 each time you reboot your device
- If you use a free Apple account, the Yalu certificate is only valid for 7 days , you will need to repeat Step 4 onwards every time it expires.
Do let us know what you think of Yalu Jailbreak and if you have any trouble using this method. Follow us on Facebook for more up to date news.