** Recommended Reading : Where to Buy Cheap iPhone 4
Why Jailbreak iPhone 4 ?
When you Jailbreak the iPhone 4 or 3GS , you unlock its full potential. Only then you are able to have freedom of choice of what you can install on your iPhone. Apple has restricted its device usage to only authorized apps , which severely limits its capabilities . Jailbreaking lets you break free and have the additional tweaks and use of apps not allowed by Apple.
Jailbreaking is the process which allows iDevices like iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch to run third-party unsigned code by unlocking the operating system (iOS4 in this case ) and allowing the user root access. This may sound geeky and too unfamiliar if you are a first time iPhone user . Jailbreaking is a term commonly used among iPhone users worldwide with an estimated 1 out of 10 iPhone’s is already jailbroken .
Unlocking Iphone 4 :
Jailbreaking should not be confused with unlocking . Sim Unlocking or Carrier Unlock when done enables your iPhone to be used by other carriers.
Benefits of Jailbreaking Iphone 4 :
- Wi Fi HotSpot – Using the iPhone as a Wi-Fi hotspot is the number one reason to jailbreak the iPhone 4 . The app you will require is MyWi
- Install Cydia – Cydia is like the App Store, it’s lets you install applications right to your iPhone or iPod Touch without a computer
- Do more with FaceTime – Well i know what you plan to do with FaceTime , but this jailbreak app My3G lets you use this feature which is otherwise only available in WiFi.
- Unlock Iphone 4 – Carrier unlock your device .
- Block Unwanted Communication using iBlackList app (paid app).
Apart the above mentioned , there are innumerable changes that can be done on a jailbroken iPhone. I tried to summarize the reasons why we jailbreak .Please let us know about your views or anything you want added to this post through your comments below.
Check out the Video below :