You can use your iPhone or iPod Touch as a remote control for iTunes installed on your computer . Wirelessly use it to play songs , listen to online radio and view tv shows. The Remote app available for Free in App Store also lets you control your Apple TV from your iPhone iPod Touch and iPad .
How to Install and Use Remote App :
- Download Remote App from iTunes here .
- Tap on the Settings icon on the top right corner and then select “Add an iTunes Library”
- Note down the passcode required to authenticate your device with your computer .
- Launch iTunes on your computer and under Advanced menu Turn On Home Sharing by entering your Apple ID
- Now in the left sidebar you should see Devices . Select your device from this list and enter the passcode in the box as shown here .
Note : Requires all the shared devices to be on the same WiFi network to be seen by each other . Internet required for online content only and not music playback .