iPhone 4 can be unlocked on iOS 5 firmware if you can preserve your baseband during the upgrade process. You can check your original baseband by going to the following location on your iOS device .
Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware
Read our tutorial for Upgrading to iOS 5 and Preserving Baseband . Check out the Gevey Sim and Ultrasn0w Unlock method explained below .
Method 1 : Ultrasn0w Unlock :
Ultrasnow unlock users can unlock their device ( iPhone 4 , iPhone 3GS ) using the latest release of Ultrasn0w available on Cydia .
Steps to Unlock using Ultrasn0w :
- First Upgrade to iOS 5 by preserving baseband
- Now Jailbreak your iPhone 4 on iOS 5
- Launch Cydia and go to Manage tab the select Sources
- Select Edit and click on Add button at the top
- Add the following source http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com
- After the source is added and package downloaded from the internet you can Search and install Ultrasn0w 1.2.4as shown below
- Your device is now unlocked . You can use any sim card with your iPhone .
Note : iPhone 3GS users baseband 06.15.00
Here’s a special “trick” that iPhone 3GS owners with baseband 06.15 need for iOS5. During the new setup screens you see when you start iOS5 for the first time, you’ll be asked about Location Services. Be sure to select “Disable Location Services” when asked! Later on in the setup, you’ll have the chance to turn on Location Services again when asked if you want to use “Find my iPhone”. It’s fine to turn it back on at that point, if that’s your desire (or you can always go in and enable it in Settings.app).
Method 2 : Gevey Sim Unlock :
It has been confirmed that those on modem baseband 04.10.01 can still unlock their iPhone 4 using Gevey Sim . Follow the Gevey Sim Unlock on iOS 5 technique for more details .
For more updates via Email , Subscribe to our Free Newsletter .