AT&T official unlock for iPhone 4 works on all factory locked iPhone 4′s but in the processing of unlocking it removes the untethered jailbreak you may have and updates the iOS firmware of your iPhone 4 . This also removes all jailbreak apps and tweaks in the process . To preserve the jailbreak and also unlock your iPhone 4 , follow the exact steps mentioned below . Please note that AT&T should first approve your iPhone IMEI for unlocking , provided you meet the requirements for official unlock .
Steps to Unlock iPhone 4 using AT&T and Preserve Jailbreak :
- Contact AT&T and ask them to unlock your iPhone 4 . They will process your request and send you the unlock instructions via email .
- Download Redsnow 0.9.10b6b for your Mac and Windows
- Launch the application and put the iPhone 4 in DFU mode and connect it with your computer using the USB cable
- Redsn0w 0.9.10b6b will now recognize your iPhone 4 . Select the “Jailbreak” option .
- In the next screen de-select “Install Cydia” and select “Deactivate” option as shown in the image below . ( Selecting the “Deactivate” option in Redsn0w means that it will deactivate your iPhone 4 and the device will boot with the Connect to iTunes or Welcome Screen ( on iOS 5.x.x ) needing activation via original or official carrier sim card ) .
- Redsnow will now process your iPhone 4 for unlocking and run codes on the screen as shown in the image below . Wait for the process to complete and your iPhone 4 to reboot .
- Launch iTunes . iTunes will now give you this message “Congratulations, your iPhone have been unlock.” confirming that you have successfully unlocked your iPhone 4 .
Stay tuned as we bring you the latest Jailbreak and Unlock updates via email . Subscribe to our Email Newsletter .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish