You can unlock iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 using UltraSn0w or Gevey Sim (Ultra) . Follow the steps below to unlock iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 firmware . Gevey Sim users can choose not to jailbreak their iPhone 4 however Gevey Ultra Sim users need FuriousMod 5.1.1 to unlock their phones . SAM unlock for 5.1.1 is also supported .
Things you will need to Unlock iPhone 4 5.1.1 :
- iPhone 4 with preserved baseband 01.59.00 (for UltraSn0w)
- iPhone 3GS with baseband 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04 (for UltraSn0w)
- iPad baseband 06.15.00 (for UltraSn0w)
- Sn0wbreeze 2.9.5
- 5.1.1 ipsw file
- Ultrasn0w Unlock 5.1.1
- Ultrasn0w Fixer for iOS 5.1.1
- Gevey Sim
- Gevey Ultra Sim
- SAM 5.1.1 Fixer
Update : Ultrasn0w 1.2.7 is now available for download . No need to install UltrSn0w Fixer 5.1.1 on Step 9 . Directly install UltraSn0w 1.2.7 and your iPhone 4 wil be unlocked .
Steps to Unlock iPhone 4 5.1.1 Firmware Preserving Baseband :
- First download ios 5.1.1 ipsw file
- Now Use Snowbreeze 2.9.5 to create custom ipsw firmware with preserved baseband . For this launch Snowbreeze and click the blue arrow at the bottom
- Select the 5.1.1 ipsw file for your iPhone 4
- In next page Gevey Sim users select Baseband Preservation Mode . This will preserve your existing unlockable baseband . Ultrasnow and Gevey Ultra users select Simple Mode because they need Cydia in order to download UltraSnow and FuriousMod 5.1.1 Fix . All the modes preserve baseband by default.
- In this step it will ask you whether you want to hacktivate or not. Select “Yes” because we want to use the SIM card from unofficial carrier.
- Now Snowbreeze will create the custom firmware . After the firmware is created , follow onscreen instructions to put your device in Pwned DFU mode
- Launch iTunes. It will detect your iPhone 4 in Recovery Mode . Press and hold SHIFT key on the keyboard and press Restore on iTunes . Select the custom no_bb 5.1.1 ipsw file and iTunes will begin the restore process .
- After the restore is complete , install Gevey Sim in the micro sim slot and follow the Gevey Sim Unlock process to get the unlock . UltraSn0w users skip to Step 9 . SAM unlock users with preserved bb_tickets skip to Step 12
- Since the official Ultrasn0w does not support iOS 5.1.1 yet, so first install the Ultrasn0w Fixer iOS 5.1.1 and then install the actual Ultrasn0w.
- To get UltraSn0w Fixer 5.1.1 add the following repo repo.iparelhos.com by going to Manage > Sources > Edit > Add
- Reboot your iPhone 5 for the changes to take place .
- SAM Unlock users with preserved bb_tickets add the following repository under sources – repo.bingner.com
- Install SAM iOS 5.1.1 from this repo.
- Revert Lockdown to Stock
- Copy Paste the Activation ticket to /var/root/Library/Lockdown
- Reboot your iPhone and then disable SAM and wait for the signal bars to appear.
- Your phone is now unlocked for use with any international carrier .
Share this article with other iPhone 4 users on Facebook , Twitter and Google Plus .