Gevey Sim unlock works on iOS 5 just as it works on iOS 4 on iPhone 4 . Follow the tutorial here to unlock your iOS 5 firmware installed iPhone 4 with Gevey Sim based unlock . If you plan to buy iPhone 5 , this tutorial may come in handy. Bookmark for future reading by pressing Cltr+D on your browser.
Update : You must first preserve baseband while upgrading to iOS 5 for Gevey Sim to work . Directly upgrading using stock ipsw file will upgrade the baseband and hence Gevey Sim can no longer work . Read the tutorial here .
Steps to Unlock iOS 5 with Gevey Sim :
- Buy Genuine Gevey Sim from online stores like Amazon
- Remove the micro sim card from sim slot of your locked device
- Click on the home button and go to Settings > General > Network
- Now switch off 3G and turn on Cellular Data and Data Roaming as shown in the image below
- Turn off the device using “Slide to Power Off“. Now insert the purchased Gevey Sim with your own service provider [not AT&T sim] .
- Turn on your iPhone. You will now see the Welcome Screen as programmed in your gevey card . “Accept” and proceed to next step after reading the instructions .
- After tapping the “Accept” button you will be sent to the homescreen . The iphone will now show “No Service” . Wait for 15 secs till it shows One Signal Bar .
- Now launch the phone icon and dial 112 . Wait for 2 seconds and then disconnect the call without ringing .
- Now go to Settings and turn on “Airplane Mode” . You will now see a pop up error message of “No Sim Card Installed” . Accept and turn off Airplane Mode . You should ow see Sim Failure message . Wait for few seconds for full bars to show and the iPhone will be activated for use and unlocked .
Dont forget to Bookmark this Page and Buy Genuine Gevey Sim for iPhone 5 Unlock .
Our users informed us that Apple has blocked iOS 5 unlock with beta 2 update. But you can still unlock iOS 5 if the baseband is preserved to 4.10.01 . Currently iOS 5 beta 2 updates your baseband to 4.11.06 and makes the Gevey Sim inactive .
To Unlock iOS 5 you need to preserve the baseband while updating to iOS 5 . For this use Snowbreeze and create custom iOS 5 ipsw and install it via iTunes . Read the Snowbreeze Technique for details .