If you are one of those users who are in a dilemma to update their iPhone to latest iOS version 5.1.1 , but afraid that they may lose their precious SAM unlock , here is a good news . Download the latest version of Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 that allows you to safely Restore your SAM Unlock activation tickets to your iPhone with baseband 04.12.01 – 04.11.08 on the latest iOS 5.1.1 firmware . Follow the instructions below to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone .
Steps to Restore SAM Unlock 04.12.01 – 04.11.08 :
- Jailbreak iPhone using preserved baseband method on 5.1.1 firmware You can use Snowbreeze or PwnageTool
- Now you have to Download Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 for your computer running Windows or Mac
- Then connect your iPhone to your computer and launch Redsnow (in Administrator mode for Windows users )
- Click on Extras > Even more > Tickets and select your Lockdown.zip file that was created when you backed up your SAM unlock activation ticket . In the event you backed up your unlock tickets manually you can choose the .plist file
- You will get a confirmation message from RedSn0w stating that your Tickets are uploaded
- Reboot your iPhone and insert your unofficial sim card for unlocking baseband 04.12.01 , 04.11.08 on iOS 5.1.1 firmware
- Now you’ve successfully unlocked your device using Redsn0w . You should start to see signal bars appear for your new carrier . View the video tutorial as shown below for detailed step by step restore the method of SAM Unlock baseband 04.12.01 , 04.11.08
About SAM Unlock Restore 04.12.01 – 04.11.08 :
SAM Unlock only works on a jailbroken iPhone with preserved baseband tickets . You have manually saved the SAM Unlock tickets , you can get them back via the RedSnow Restore Method explained above . The lockdown.zip file cannot be used with other device . Every lockdown file is unique to the device and can us be used only to unlock that specific phone only .
Video Tutorial to Restore SAM Unlock – YouTube :
Feel free to ask any questions in the Forum section of our blog if you face any difficulty following the tutorial above .