Whether you are using both iOS and Android platforms or making a permanent switch from Android to iPhone then you will be happy to know that the days of manually adding every single contact to your new phone are long gone.
Instead there are several different ways to import your Android contacts to your new iPhone. The easiest by far is to import your contacts (and calendars if you wish) from Google. As you’re reading this post, and most likely an ex-Android user, you will know that you are required to have a Google account, just as with an iPhone you need iTunes, when setting up your smartphone. Your Android phone should auto-sync your data to your Google account, but if you have disabled this option please run a manual sync before continuing.
Steps to Transfer phone contacts from Android to iPhone :
- Go to the Settings App on the home screen
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Choose Add Account…
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your Google email address and password linked to your Android account in the appropriate field and choose Next
- In the username field put your email address again and in the sever box put, m.google.com
- Press next and wait while it verifies your information
- Once it has completed the verification choose the data that you want synced with your iPhone out of Mail, Contacts, Calendars – or all of them
- You will be asked whether you would like to delete the existing contacts on your phone. If you choose to delete all the contacts except for the ones you have just imported during this process will be wiped from your phone. Click Keep on My iPhone to prevent this from happening
You’re contacts will begin to import automatically unless you have opted out of the ‘push’ option. If so you can start a manual sync whenever you like!
To import your contacts via a vcard attachment please follow these steps :
- On your Android phone install an SD card big enough to hold all of your contacts
- Navigate to the contact menu
- Select settings
- Choose import/export
- Choose export to SD card
- Connect your SD card to your computer and import your contacts
- You now want to email this file to yourself on an account that is also on your iPhone. If you haven’t set up a mail account on your iPhone yet take a few minutes to do this
- Email the file
- Open the email on your iPhone
- The attachment containing your contacts will be right at the bottom of the message. Scroll down and tap it
- Select the option to Add all Contacts
Your phone will now add the contacts you have included in the email .
There are several third-party apps that allow you to upload your contact information to a server and then re-access it on your new phone. Although these are usually completely safe going through Google or iTunes are the safer options and are the most highly recommended. These are only a couple of the ways that allow the transfer of contacts have you got a better way? Let us know if you do .
Also Read : Transfer Contacts from
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish