If you have inadvertently upgraded to iOS 6.1.3 or bought a new phone that is running on that particular firmware you may not be able to jailbreak your device. If your iOS device is on an A5 processor, i.e. anything newer than the iPhone 4, you will not be able to downgrade or jailbreak. However, if you have an older device there is a chance for you to apply an untethered jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze.
You will need an iPhone 4, 3GS or iPod Touch 4 for this to work and Sn0wbreeze is a Windows only application, so if you have a Mac you will need to find use redsn0w to perform a tethered jailbreak.
- First you must download iOS 6.1.2
- Next, download Sn0wbreeze, direct from developer iH8sn0w’s GitHub site. Windows users must have Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5. If you haven’t got it, download it.
- Save it where you can locate it again – maybe your desktop is the best place.
- Now, using your USB cable, connect your iOS device and computer together. It must be running on an iOS that is supported by Sn0wbreeze – up to 6.1.2
- Launch Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14
- Click Next > Browse for IPSW. Select the correct firmware for your particular device
- Sn0wbreeze will identify it; click Next > Simple Mode
- Sn0wbreeze will now proceed to create a custom IPSW for you
- When this is done, click OK and then proceed to place your device into Pwned DFU Mode – Sn0wbreeze will guide you in how to do this
- When you device has been successfully placed into DFU, close Sn0wbreeze and launch iTunes from your PC. Choose your device from the menu on the left
- Now press down Shift and click Restore simultaneously
- Find the IPSW you downloaded at the beginning and iTunes will restore your device
- Once your device has rebooted for the final time you will see Cydia on your Home screen
Following this guide exactly will result in an untethered jailbroken iOS device. If you are hanging around waiting for an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak, you should know by now that there will not be one. Instead the exploits are being saved for iOS 7 which is due to be announced later this year.
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish