The Galaxy S2 is getting on for 2 years old now but it doesn’t look like Samsung have any plans to write it off just yet. In fact, they have just announced a new release, the Galaxy S2 Plus – the upgraded version of the S2.On the outside it looks pretty much the same as the S2 but it’s on the inside where the changes have been made.
Here’s what you can expect to see:
- 102GHz dual-core processor
- 4.3” VGA Super AMOLED display at 440 x 800 pixels
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with an LED flash and a shutter with zero lag
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- 8GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with the micro SD card slot
- 1GB RAM
- Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- Light and Proximity sensors
- Optional NFC
All in all it looks like a pretty nice phone and, although Samsung have not given us any pricing or release date as of yet, bearing in mind how old the original S2 is, it shouldn’t be too expensive.