Snowbreeze 2.8 beta 8 can be used to upgrade your iPhone 4 to iOS 5 firmware without changing the original baseband . Baseband preservation is required for those using Gevey Sim and Ultrasn0w Unlock . Gevey Sim users must preserve their original baseband of 04.10.01 and Ultrasnow users must preserve baseband to 01.59.00 .
Note : This tutorial will not jailbreak your iPhone 4 on iOS 5 . For Mac users , follow Redsn0w iOS 5 Upgrade Tutorial for preserving baseband .
Steps to Upgrade iPhone 4 to iOS 5 Firmware using Sn0wbreeze :
- Download Snowbreeze 2.8 beta 8
- Download iOS 5 ipsw files
- Download iTunes 10.5 required for iOS 5 upgrade and install in your computer .
- Launch Snowbreeze and select the iOS 5 ipsw file downloaded in previous step .
- Snowbreeze will detect the firmware and you can move to next page .
- In this page you will select “Baseband Preservation Mode” . Snowbreeze will then create the custom ipsw file .
- After the ipsw file is created it will appear in your desktop with the prefix “Sn0wbreeze” .
- Now put your device in DFU mode and click “START” button on Snowbreeze .
- To put your device in DFU you have to first turn off your phone and then press and hold both home and power button for 10 seconds. Then leave power button and keep holding home button for another 10 seconds. Your device will now enter DFU mode . Snowbreeze will detect the DFU state and put yiour device in Pwned DFU mode required for iOS 5 upgrade .
- Launch iTunes 10.5 downloaded in Step 3 and it will detect your device in recovery mode. Press SHIFT key on your keyboard and click Restore button on iTunes .
- Itunes will now ask you to choose the restore file . Browse to the custom iOS 5 ipsw file created above .
Now your iPhone 4 will be upgraded to iOS 5 and baseband preserved . Share this tip with your friends using the Facebook Share button or Google +1 button below .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish