Absinthe tool from pod2g can jailbreak iPod Touch 4 so that you can install the awesome SIRI port and dont have to pay the premium price of an iPhone 4S . Along with that you can download awesome jailbreak apps from Cydia and Installous . Follow the steps below to Jailbreak your iPod Touch 4 on iOS 5.1.1 and install Cydia .
Steps to Jailbreak iPod Touch 4 5.1.1 unTethered :
- Upgrade your iPod Touch 4 to iOS 5.1.1
- Download Absinthe 2.0.2 or the latest supported version
- Launch Absinthe on your computer (both Mac and Windows PC are supported)
- Connect your iPod Touch 4 with your computer using the USB connector
- Absinthe will now detect your device and the “Jailbreak” button will now be active .
- Allow Absinthe to jailbreak your iPod Touch 4 .
- The iPod will now go into Restore mode (image below) . Wait for it to reboot and Cydia to show up on the homescreen. The process takes no more than 5 minutes
- After Cydia is installed , tap on it and select User . Allow Cydia to create filesystem which can take a while , even longer than the actual jailbreak .
- Now you can start downloading the awesome jailbreak apps , including SIRI for iPod Touch 4 .
Also Read : How to install SIRI on iPod Touch 4Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish