If you have a broken home button , you can still put your iOS device in DFU mode and jailbreak it using the latest Redsnow released by iPhone Dev team . Redsnow 0.914b2 creates custom ipsw file to put your device in DFU mode without having to manually follow the DFU process by pressing and holding Home+Power button . This works for iPod Touch and iPad also .
Quick Link : Fix and Calibrate Non-Working Home Button
How to DFU iPhone without using Home Button :
- First download and launch RedSn0w 0.9.14b2 on your computer
- Now click Extras > Even More > DFU IPSW and click OK on the pop-up dialogue box
- Browse for the required IPSW file downloaded from Apple. servers
- After you have selected the ipsw file, RedSn0w 0.9.14b2 will create a new IPSW firmware file that will put your iPhone into DFU mode when Restored using iTunes . The newly created custom ipsw will have a prefix ENTER_DFU and should be placed in the directory of the original ipsw file .
- To Restore your device to the new IPSW file created in Step 4 connect your device to the computer using the USB cable and launch iTunes.
- On iTunes select your device in the left panel and hold the OPTION key on Mac / SHIFT key on Windows OS and click the Restore button.
- Browse to the custom ipsw file, and click OK. This will restore your device and place the device into DFU mode automatically without manually initiating DFU mode
- You should just see a black screen once the restore is finished . Your device is now in DFU mode with a restored IPSW. You can now jailbreak your device using RedSn0w tutorial here .
Useful Link : How to use iPhone with Broken Home Button
The tutorial here should help jailbreak iPod Touch , iPad and iPhone without broken home button issue . Feel free to share our views and questions in the comment section below .