iPhone Dev Team has released Redsnow 0.9.11b2 that can downgrade 5.1.1 to 5.0.1 or 5.1 firmware and also jailbreak the phone on 5.0.1 firmware . Read the step by step tutorial to jailbreak your iPhone 4S . Note that Absinthe can already jailbreak iPhone 4S . Redsnow has just added support using new jailbreaking exploits found by iPhone Dev Team .
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4S : iOS 5.0.1
- Download Redsnow 0.9.11beta latest version
- Launch Redsnow and click on Jailbreak button as shown here
- Redsnow will prompt you with a message window asking for user input (as shown below) . Accept and proceed to the next jailbreaking process
- Redsnow will run code on your iPhone 4S (as shown below) and the device will now reboot .
- On the iPhone 4S , tap ‘Install‘, then ‘Install Now‘, when prompted for a password, leave blank and click on ‘Next’.
- The Redsn0w user-interface will now show some more information related to the jailbreak requesting to toggle the ‘VPN‘ to ON.
- On the main Settings screen of the device, a new VPN option will be available under Wi-Fi. Toggle the switch to ‘ON‘, which in turn will display ‘Connecting..’ as it goes forward to connect itself to the network.
- If any errors occur that relate to VPN, then these can be safely ignored . Wait for device to reboot .
For more iPhone 4S Updates Subscribe Free to our Newsletter below . If you face any problem during the jailbreak , please visit Jailbreak Forum for solutions .
Note : This tutorial will jailbreak iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1 and not the latest 5.1.1 firmware . You can downgrade iPhone 4S from 5.1.1 to 5.0.1 using Redsnow as explained here . This will not restore the baseband or help unlock iPhone 4S . To unlock iPhone 4s on 5.1.1 use Gevey Ultra S sim . Also read iPhone 4S Jailbreak using Absinthe .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish