A little while back Apple updated their iOS firmware to 6.1.2 to fix a few issues that arose after 6.1 was released. Right now, if you stay on or below this firmware version you can still jailbreak your iPhone 4S using evasi0n. Here’s how to do it:
- Back up all personal data from your iPhone 4S through iCloud or iTunes
- Upgrade your iPhone 4S to the latest firmware, 6.1.2 – do this via iTunes as OTA will affect the jailbreak
- Remove your pass code lock if you have one – go to Settings, General, Pass code lock and disable it.
- Download evasi0n for Windows, Mac or Linus, whichever one you are using.
- Open up evasi0n and make sure you iPhone 4S is connected to your computer
- Wait for evasi0n to pick up your iPhone 4S and then select Jailbreak.
- Wait for evasi0n to go through the process; about halfway through you will be prompted to unlock your iPhone 4S.
- Find the jailbreak icon on your home screen and tap on it.
- Evasi0n will now go ahead and finish jailbreaking your iPhone 4S; your handset will reboot a few times while the process completes
- You will get a message on the evasi0n tool to tell you when the jailbreak process has finished and you should now see Cydia on your home screen. Tap on it, select whether you are a user, developer or owner and Cydia will proceed to set up the default repositories.
And that’s it – one newly jailbroken iPhone 4S, ready to be customized.