Limera1n Jailbreaking tool for MAC has been released . Here is the tutorial for jailbreaking your iPhone 4 on MAC system using Limera1n. The steps are just identical as for windows version of the jailbreaking Tool. For those who just started with jailbreaking will find its Jailbreak on MAC tutorial useful.
Please note that this tutorial will help you jailbreak iPhone 4 , iPhone 3GS using Limera1n Jailbreaking tool. Limera1n does not Hactivate your iPhone , so you must pre activate your iPhone using iTunes. If you have old baseband you can unlock your iPhone using UltraSn0w Unlock method
Steps to Jailbreak Iphone 4 on MAC using Limera1n :
- Upgrade your iPhone to iOS 4.1 using the TinyUmbrella Upgrade Method
- Keep your Iphone connected with your MAC performing jailbreak
- Download Limera1n for MAC
- Extract and run it on your MAC . Click on “make it Ra1n”
- Limera1n will put your device on Recovery Mode .
- Hold Home and Power button as instructed by the program
- Release the Power button , keep holding Home button
- Limera1n will now put your device on DFU mode and start the exploit to jailbreak your iPhone 4 – 3GS. When you see the exploiting message , you can release the Home button that you have been pressing till now. Let the jailbreak tool do its work.
- After your iPhone has been successfully jailbroken , you will receive the “done” message.
- Restart your iPhone 4 for the changes to take place .When you see the new Limera1n icon in the home screen. Tap on it and install Cydia. You can even uninstall Limera1n after you have installed Cydia.
## Tip : Download Jailbreak Apps for your newly liberated iPhone 4
If you have any trouble following the above instructions , please post your problems in the comment box below. Alternatively you can browse to the thread Limera1n Not Working . You will find the solution to common problems faced during Limera1n Jailbreak.
Please share this post with your friends on MAC. Use the Facebook Share button at your right [top | bottom]. For more tips and tutorials , Subscribe to our Updates via Email Service.