Those of you that have been keeping up to date with current events will know that, since Apple released iOS 6.1, they’ve followed it with 2 more updates. To keep pace, evad3rs have also kept their untethered jailbreak tool, evasi0n updated as well, with it currently standing at v1.4 to support the latest firmware, 6.1.2. It’s been confirmed by evad3rs team members that the firmware updates do not interfere with the untethered jailbreak so it is safe for users to upgrade and jailbreak. If you are using an iPhone 4 and you want to upgrade and jailbreak, follow these steps:
Make sure you have the following :
- Computer on Win XP or above, Mac OS X 10.5 or later or Linux
- iPhone 4 on iOS 6.0.x or above and cable to connect to computer
Steps to Jailbreak :
- Back up the contents of your Phone 4 – you can do this using iTunes or iCloud.
- If you are new to jailbreaking you need to download TinyUmbrella and follow the instructions to save your SHSH blobs. Follow the in-program instructions on how to do this.
- Download Evasi0n Jailbreak – make sure you choose the right version for the system you are using – Windows, MAC or Linux.
- Download iOS 6.1.2 for your iPhone 4 and then update using iTunes. Do not carry out the update OTA as it will interfere with the jailbreak.
- If you have a passcode lock on your iPhone 4 remove it. Go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock and tap to turn it off.
- Close down iTunes and open up Evasi0n 1.5 from your desktop.
- Make sure your iPhone 4 is still connected and that evasi0n recognizes it – click on the jailbreak button and wait while the tool goes ahead with the process.
- Don’t touch anything on your iPhone 4 or your computer until you are asked to unlock your screen and tap on the jailbreak icon on your Home Screen.
- As the process completes your iPhone 4 will restart a few times. When it is finished you will see the Cydia icon on your Home Screen.
- The next step is to set up Cydia – tap to open it, confirm whether you are an owner, user or developer and it will proceed to load up a set of standard repositories. Once this is done you can go ahead and use your newly jailbroken iPhone 4.
Watch this Video for Complete Instructions :
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish