Note : This is an old post and the process mentioned below may or may-not work for your device . You can get the latest news on the HomePage of this blog which is updated constantly 24×7 .
RedSn0w Jailbreak Tool was updated to version 09.06.b4 to support jailbreaking iphone 4 3GS 3G and iPod Touch Non-MC Model on latest iOS 4.2.1 Firmware [ Download Here ]. There is no unlock solution for iphone 4 at the moment and Iphone Dev Team is working on it .Read iOS 4.2 Features
Important : The current RedSnow Update is a un-tethered version only for iPhone 3GS 3G and older iPod Touch models . 4th generation devices like the iPhone 4 , Ipod Touch 4 get tethered jailbreak , which means you have to re-jailbreak your device every time you reboot your device. A tethered version is coming soon.
Unlock Update 1: According to the latest blog post made by the Dev’s , you must not update to iOS 4.2 if you want an unlock for your iphone and wait for the Pwnage Tool to be released . Upgrading to latest iOS will upgrade your device to baseband 03.10.01 with no way to unlock .
Unlock Update 2 : Unlock for Iphone 3GS & 3G Releasing 28th Nov
Steps to Jailbreak Iphone 4.2 iOS Firmware :
- Download iOS 4.2.1 ipsw file and latest version of RedSn0w 09.06.b4 from our Download Centre
- You must have iTunes 10.1 running in the background of your computer . [ Download iTunes 10.1 ]
- Now update your iPhone iPod touch to iOS 4.2.1 using the iOS 4.2 Update Tutorial
- Launch RedSn0w App and browse for the iOS 4.2.1 .ipsw firmware file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Now Select Install Cydia and then Next to proceed .
- In the next step you must connect your device to the computer. Make sure its turned off before you click on Next .
- In the next step your device will enter DFU mode . [ How-to enter DFU Mode ]. Follow on-screen instructions to put your device in the DFU mode by holding the Home and Power button together for 10 seconds. Release the Power button while still holding the Home button .
- From here RedSn0w will start doing it work and jailbreak your iphone .
Your device will now restart and you will have iphone jailbroken on the latest iOS 4.2.1 firmware .
Tethering : Since this is a tethered version for iphone 4 ipod touch 4 ,you will have to launch RedSn0w and choose the “Just boot tethered right now” option as shown in the image below to boot your iPhone 4 everytime you turn it off .
Windows Users : You must run RedSn0w exe file in XP Sp2 compatibility mode by right clicking on RedSnow App , then selecting Troubleshoot Compatibility [as shown in the image below]
Update 3 : One click tethered jailbreak has been introduced wuth RedSn0w 0.9.6 RC8 Release . Follow the download link here .
Latest Update : GreenPois0n Jailbreak for iPhone 4 4.2.1 is coming soon , so keep an eye on this blog for the latest Jailbreak News . Subscribe to Email Updates – Join us on Facebook.