Snowbreeze on Windows can jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4 . This is a tethered jailbreak which requires you to connect with iBooty and reboot your device every time .
Note : This is a tethered jailbreak . iBooty required for booting tethered is created at the end of this process on your desktop . Mac users can use Redsn0w Jailbreak on iOS 5 .
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 5 using Sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 8 :
- Download iOS 5 ipsw
- Download iTunes 10.5
- Download Snowbreeze 2.8 beta 8
- Launch Sn0wbreeze and select the iOS 5 ipsw file downloaded on Step 1
- Snowbreeze will detect the new ipsw and ready it for processing
- Now comes the mode selection page . Choose Expert Mode at the bottom
- In the next page select Build IPSW. Those who need to hactivate choose General then select activate the iPhone option .
- Sn0wbreeze will now process the ipsw file and create a custom ipsw
- After the process is completed , Sn0wbreeze will ask to switch off your device and put it under DFU mode . To do that you have to turn off your phone and press and hold home and power button together for 10 seconds. Then let go the power button and keep holding home button for another 10 seconds . Your device will now flash ans is in DFU mode .
- iReb will put your device in Pwned DFU mode now
- Launch iTunes. It should detect your phone on Recovery Mode and ask to Restore. Press SHIFT Key on Keyboard + RESTORE button on iTunes and select Sn0wbreeze Custom IPSW file just created .
- Allow iTunes to restore your device to new iOS 5 ipsw and jailbreak it
- Since this is a tethered boot you will require iBooty to boot your device . Plug in your phone to the USB cable every time you reboot your phone and use iBooty . Select your device from the drop down menu .