Redsnow 0.9.9b5 can jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5 tethered . Follow the jailbreak tutorial below to perform a tethered jailbreak on your iOS device .
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5 :
- Upgrade iPhone 4 to iOS 5 using iTunes 10.5
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b5
- Launch Redsn0w and click on “Jailbreak” option as shown below
- In the next screen Redsnow will ask you to switch off your device and put it in DFU mode by pressing and holding power and home button for 10 seconds. Then leave power button and keep pressing home button for another 10 seconds .
- Redsnow will now start jailbreaking your device. This latest version of Redsnow do not require you to have iOS 5 ipsw file . It fetches all the required information from Apple servers. So make sure you are connected to the internet while performing the jailbreak process .
- After the jailbreak process is over you have to boot tethered . To do that select “Extras” button and click on “Just Boot” button as shown below .
Note : Since it is a tethered boot , every time you turn off your device you have to follow Step 6 to boot your device .
For Gevey Sim and Ultrasn0w Users : You should first upgrade to iOS 5 preserving baseband and then follow this tutorial to jailbreak .