You can now jailbreak iOS 5 beta 7 ipsw with the latest version of Redsn0w 0.9.8 b7 jailbreak tool . This is a tethered jailbreak so you have to connect and click on “just boot tethered right now” every time you shut down your phone.
Compatibility : Redsn0w 0.9.8 b7 Jailbreak works on all iPhone 4 3GS iPod Touch 4 3G and iPad 1 only .
How to Jailbreak iOS 5 beta 7 :
- Install iOS 5 beta 7 ipsw on your iOS device and download iOS 5 beta 6 ipsw
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.8 beta 7 for Windows | Mac
- Now launch Redsnow and point it to iOS 5 beta 6 ipsw downloaded in Step 1
- Allow Redsnow to process the ipsw Firmware file
- Now select “Install Cydia”
- Follow on-screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode
- After the jailbreak process is complete on your device use Redsnow and select “Just Boot Tethered Right Now” option (only) to restart your phone .
Note : iOS 5 beta releases are only avilable to Apple Developer account holders .