You can jailbreak iOS 5 beta 5 using Redsnow 0.9.8b5 . This version of redsnow bring tethered only jailbreak on iPhone 4 3GS iPod Touch 3G 4G and iPad 1 .
You can jailbreak iOS 5 beta 5 by directing redsnow to iOS 5 b5 ipsw files on your computer. Tethered jailbreak means you have to connect with your computer and click on “Just Boot Tethered” when you turn off your iPhone 4 . Once turned off , it cannot be turned on just by holding the power button. It will remain stuck at the Apple logo , so you have to redo the process for booting .
How to Jailbreak iOS 5 beta 5 :
- To jailbreak , first download iOS 5 beta 5 ipsw (available to developers)
- Now install iTunes 10.5 beta 5 (available to developers)
- Download Redsnow 0.9.8b5 for Windows | Mac
- Follow the exact steps mentioned here .
- At the end of the process you can use Redsnow and this time click on “Just Boot Tethered right now” as shown in the image below
You are now jailbroken on iOS 5 beta 5 . Stay tuned for more iOS 5 updates on our Email News . Subscribe .